Parents, We've Got Your Back
Thinga creates and curates content that is suitable for all. We've got ads to pay the bills, but you have the option to turn them off. We love inspiring news, cool humans, animals secret codes, scavenger hunts, videos, games, puzzles, gifs, jokes, and we get WAY too excited about personalized Thingas! Thinga.com is the best, and safest, discovery tool for Kids.
Too Much Fun? Impossible!
Kid Reporter. Thinga likes to stay busy, whether we're interviewing the lead performer in Cirque Du Soleil, hanging with the Sugar Plum Fairy, or visiting an artist's Kaleidoscope Factory! Kid Reporter is on the scene.
Certified B-Corp. The Bear James Company (makers of Thinga) is a certified B-Corp. We are proud to be aligned with other companies such as Kickstarter, Patagonia, and Ben and Jerry's that share similar social and ecological values! Learn More
Fun Pages! Who likes Lil Bub? (everyone!) What about the history of punk as told through a scavenger hunt by a Halloween Pumpkin? Thinga loves doing holiday and special promotions with local and national companies. Let's do one together!
Festivals. We love getting out and about, whether it's Wooden Sword Class in Marfa, Galactic Spin Art at Maker Fair, Book Fairs, or even just music, art, science, and fun!
Choose Your Own Thinga
A Thinga Represents You! Feeling awesome? Feeling like a swim? Feeling like a chicken? Choose a Thinga from the Thinga Picker to reflect your look, your mood, or whatever you're thinking about.
- People First - Focus on people and the money will follow.
- Walled Garden - No linking out to the larger web, unless specifically authorized (links in embedded videos are an exception)
- Fully Curated - Everything on the site is either original or hand-picked by a team of trustworthy people.
- COPPA standards - An amazing set of standards around the collection of children's information.
- Content Controls - Ability to control what a person sees based on preferences set by a verified adult.
- Subscription and Paid Content - Keeps the service running and advertising to a minimum
- Independent - Being independent means we choose what content to offer (always the good stuff).
- Social and Ecological Impact — We're committed to transforming how kids and families interact with the world around them. We do this by making a positive contribution in all our actions locally and globally, and are currently supporting ecologically sustainable and socially conscious products and services where possible. Follow along as we undergo B Corp certification.
Thinga is a single online source of wonder, discovery, education, and fun for people of any age. We also work on projects in the community including popup events, festivals, and other community activities across the United States. A significant part of our mission is to provide free and accessible content on and offline for historically challenged and low income groups.
Thinga Offers a Choice
We believe everyone should have the right to choose the types of content they view online. We fundamentally believe in freedom of expression, and we believe that all people including children, parents, and educators have the right to explore the world in a safe and appropriate way.
Peace of Mind Online
Despite advances online, there's no single, independent content that doesn't make your soul hurt. Surprising, right? We were surprised, too. Regular people have very little choice than to go to very large content providers to watch videos, be inspired and ... whoa .. wait a minute ... LEARN something! Not only are the offerings limited, but the way they're delivered detracts from the goal of building knowledge, imagination and curiosity.
At The Bear James Company, we are changing this! We believe kids and parents have the right to choose the types of content they view online. By creating a dedicated, all-ages space online, we’re giving families a place to discover and explore great content together.
Who makes Thinga?
Thinga is made by the folks at The Bear James Company in Austin, Texas. Bear James is a studio, experimental lab, and world headquarters attempting to be the best they can be in the most honest and ethical way possible. Bear James and Thinga are not affiliated with any specific club, organization, religion, or society except the great one we call the United States of America! We are inclusive of all ethnicities, backgrounds, cultures, and families.
Thinga is supported by subscriptions, sponsorships, promotions, partnerships, and COPPA compliant advertising. If you support online awesomeness for kids and families, please support us by giving Thinga as a gift, or signing up someone you know.
We need your help in these our formative times!